Sunday, October 16, 2011

Introducing "A Rainbow in a World of Clouds" ...

Hello Readers! I know my title is quite confusing and I know you are all anxious to know what this blog is going to be about, so please it will be my honor to explain.

First, let me ask you all a question, when you see or hear the word “rainbow” what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Well, to be honest, the first thing that comes to my mind is “gay pride.” After that answer, I know you’re all thinking that this blog is going to contain information about how I love gay pride and I’m pro rainbow but I want to take this blog to a deeper level. I want to focus on the issues and ideas of the gay community reflected through the eyes of different cultures, hence the title.

We live in a world where the gay community is becoming more accepted in our society but with that said, it doesn't mean that all parts of the world are open to that one community. As a person who has traveled all over the world and who grew up in two different countries, I have experienced first hand how the issues and views of this certain group of people aren't as accepted or as understood in other countries as it is in the United States today.

With that said, I hope to establish an understanding or a viewpoint of how the world depicts the issue and views of the gay community through my simple writings in this blog. Much of what will be written in this blog may come off to be bias being the reason that I am gay, correction I’m bisexual but please do not take any offense. Please feel free to comment or question anything I say. It would bring me great joy :)

Thank you!

Peace Love and Rainbows,

Rinagrace

No comments:

Post a Comment